Friday, September 02, 2005

The Sea

There were times loving you
when I felt I was floating in the middle of a perfectly calm sea
surrounded by crystal clear water and blue sky
dazzling beauty....serenity


And then the feeling of dread would take hold of me
as the wind and waves rose
and I was tossed through the churning storm
unable to catch my breath or find solid ground.
.....terror

In the darkness
the waves hurled me against the rocks on the shore
crushing, pounding, battering me mercilessly
......helpless, crushing agony

Now you are gone
the storm has died
but I must find my own way back.
I will wait for the tide to carry me out to the center of the sea
Where I will again drift in peace and stillness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

wow, that's almost a poem.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Well this is quite the different side of you! Nice imagery here, Carly. The blog is shaping up nicely ... some great submissions. I'd better get busy.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home