Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Secret admirer

I know that I will lose you someday.

It tears me to pieces just thinking about what that will be like. To wake up one day and know that I won't ever see you, or talk to you again. Steely fingers clench around my heart, because I know that day will come, because you're not mine. Your past, your future, your dreams, are all shared with someone else.

I'm on the outer edges of your life right now, wearing the mask of a friend(even in your sight...) but there will come a day when we will be tugged apart, and I won't be able to orbit you anymore. How I dread that unavoidable future.

The gaping hole in my life will return, and I will feel all the more alone, because I'll remember what it was like when I at least had a little bit of you.

I'll miss you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

He's not worth it. Besides, Craig's not going anywhere....

7:45 PM  
Blogger Gammys Perspective said...

This was beautifully written. I felt every word. I sometimes wonder why we get ourselves into these situations. If you find out let me know. Enjoyed this a bunch.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

dammit Johnny!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

I was just kidding. That was a neat short.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

thanks JV... and you too Gammy!

I definitely think you are right.

12:42 PM  
Blogger John said...

:(

This post makes me sad, because it rings with truth.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home