Friday, November 11, 2005

Please Stay On The Line

Hello Internets.

I missed you.

Did you miss me?

I know we've gone our separate ways these last few months...I can't say that I was happy about it. I tried to use the time constructively, built some things, grew some things, did some things. So it wasn't a complete waste of time.

But let's be honest, it's not like when you and I were together. Crazy mad love, ours was. Furtive embraces, long, smoldering looks, and sweaty, panting nights that were all arms, elbows and soft naked thighs.

I missed that.

I missed you.

What we had was special. Or so I thought, until I found you hanging out with my friends all the time, beaming smiles at them that had once been beamed at me. Inviting them with your cleavage, and your mesmerizing walk. I admit it - I was jealous. We were no longer the "it" couple, and I found it hard to move on. Some would say I had to be led kicking and screaming, and indeed at first, there were some tears shed.

But I'm over that now. I know nothing goes forever.

A lot has happened since we last spoke (meaningfully anyway - those drive by "Hiya's" and fake, "You look good's" aside) - the end of Michael Jackson's trial, the breakup of Brad and Jen, the breakup of Bono and George Dubya, the bird flu, the hurricanes, the whatsherface coke scandal.

But all that means nothing to me. Sure its entertaining, but its not intimate and lustful, like our previous get-togethers. Like a lesbian midget making love to an albino dwarf on a unicycle, we were so exciting and yet so wrong for each other.

I miss you Internets. I miss you bad.

I'll whisper this into your delicate ear, in case you're embarassed.

Come back to me baby. The bed is warm and soft. I brought a bottle of wine, and some chocolate.
And I need what only you can give.
It feels so good...let's tango one more time.

Are you in?

5 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

come back to the dark side.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

come back, E with a K !!!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger John said...

Being constructive without the internet = oxymoron.

Or maybe it's being constructive with the internet that's an oxymoron.

Who cares. I'm off to download more movies of lesbian midgets making love to albino dwarfs on unicycles. And also link to this post, because it's awesome.

8:13 AM  
Blogger StrangerDanger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:35 AM  
Blogger StrangerDanger said...

Thanks John...

http://internetsgood.blogspot.com

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home